June 15, 2013

Discharged Today: Feeling Better, But Plan Is To Not Act Like It

I'm like most people... the minute I start feeling better I jump back into action and inevitably overdo it. I'm not going to do that this time. This trip to the hospital took a lot out of me. Although I was admitted for a low white blood cell count (neutropenia), I was also suffering from a colitis flareup, which has renewed some concerns that when all is said and done with my cancer, I might still have to deal with UC.

A lesson to be learned here is that the health of a cancer patient is extremely volatile and prone to change. For this reason, and although I'm feeling 100% better, I'm still going to take a day or two to relax and recoup while at home. Lighter meals and a lot of rest for a few days should help to ensure that I don't negate the progress I've made in the hospital. Although, kinda funny here, I'll just be back here next week for chemo round 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment